Luxembourg Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities (UCITS) License
Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities (UCITS) are governed by the Luxembourg law of 17 December 2010 (2010 Law) as modified by the law of 10 May 2016 implementing EU Directive 2014/91/EU (“UCITS V”). In particular Chapter 5 of the 2010 Law outlines the investment policy of a UCITS including risk diversification requirements.
About the UCITS
UCITS is an investment fund that invests in liquid assets and can be distributed publicly to retail investors across the EU. The fund meets the criteria laid down by EU Directives to be eligible for sale in EU Member States. The UCITS may be set up as a single fund or as an umbrella fund with multiple compartments. The constitutional documents must expressly provide for that possibility and the prospectus must describe the investment policy of each compartment.
A UCITS must be authorised by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) before commencing its activity. Afterwards, it is supervised by the same on an ongoing basis e.g. by means of regular reporting requirements. The CSSF charges an annual fee for its supervisory activity.
A UCITS may be constituted as:
|Director’s Requirements||The licensee will need at least 2 (two) natural person Fit and Proper Directors of any jurisdiction.|
|Shareholder requirements||The minimum number of shareholder for the UCITS in one.|
|Prospectus or Offering Document||
|Minimum Capital Requirements||
|Other Service Providers||
SIFs are subject to few regulatory requirements, which include:
- Submission of issuing document and any amendments to CSSF for approval.
- Issuance of an audited annual and semi-annual report for each financial year within six (6) months of the end of the financial year.
- A UCITS must prepare a fund prospectus, a Key Investor Information Document (KIID).
About Valsen Fiduciaries
Valsen Fiduciaries is a licensed independent global service provider of a broad range of fiduciary, administrative, legal, corporate secretarial and support services.
- Company formations and Administration
- Assistance with Bank Account opening
- Collective Investment Setup and Administration
- Intellectual Property Registrations and Maintenance.
- Trusts and Foundations setup and administration
- Online Payment Gateway Solutions
- Banking Licenses and PSP, E-Money, E- Wallet Licenses
- Yacht and aircraft registrations.
- Cryptocurrency Solutions (ICO, STO, Crypto Exchanges etc)
The Valsen Advantage
- We will advise you on the optimal legal structure for your requirements, size, expectations and circumstances. We have extensive knowledge of a wide range of securities dealer licenses in all major jurisdictions.
- Valsen will assist to complete every form for each process in the best way we know how (Based on our many years’ experience with various regulators and service providers across the world)
- We are very hands on in the post filing period checking with re regulator and service providers and updating you regularly. Any queries raised by the regulators and service providers during processing will be quickly synthesized by us and we shall craft the right responses to move the process forward fast.
- We have a full in-house compliance support for all compliance requirements with the regulator and service providers
Our Contact Details
OR Contact us on:
- Tel: +248 4321018
- WhatsApp: +248 2525217
- Skype: vf-international.com
- Email: [email protected]