Malta Permanent Residency and Citizenship by Investment
The permanent residency program, popularly known as, citizenship by investment program in Malta, provides a doorway to those envisioning to move to the European Union.
While a citizenship status is evidently much more prestigious and powerful, multiple residencies may gather increased benefits. A residence in Malta is also seen as a doorway to the European Union.
Malta additionally appreciates political solidness and consistent financial development. The little island nation isn’t just the European Union (EU) part state yet in addition part of the Schengen zone.
On the off chance that you are hoping to procure Permanent Residency or Citizenship through real estate, stock market or business investment, then Malta is the best spot for you.
The Maltese government has shaped different projects by which you can move to the numerous nations in the European Union, or unreservedly go without visa to 183 nations. You can accomplish this through either Permanent Residency or Citizenship by Investment.
However, the question is, which one would suit you the best?
Regardless of whether to go with Permanent Residency or Citizenship is one of the most important things to assess. Before you take any choice, it is fundamental for you to comprehend the distinction between both. Understanding it inside and out can assist you with settling on the correct decision.
To make it simpler for you, we have rattled off the Top 13 contrasts between Malta Citizenship and Permanent Residency that will be explained on contacting us.
We will also elaborate on how the Malta Residency and Visa Program connects the holes among Citizenship and Residency, permitting you to increase expanded rights regardless of whether just under residency status.
Permanent Residency and Citizenship by Investment Options
Maltese Government offers third-country nationals to relocate by various investment programs.
You can take up Maltese Citizenship by a unique investment program called:
- The Individual Investor Program (IIP) aka Malta Citizenship by Investment
Alternatively, one can become a Resident of Malta through two special programs, namely:
- Malta Residence and Visa Program (MRVP) aka Malta Residency by Investment;
- Global Residence Program (GRP).
MRVP grants you permanent residency in Malta whereas GRP gives you a special tax status. You can couple MRVP with GRP to achieve enhanced benefits.
The applicant must invest in 3 areas:
- An investment of EUR 250,000 in Maltese Government Bonds to be held for at least 5 years, or one-off payment of EUR 80,000
- A property investment in one of the followings:
- Purchase a real estate property of at least EUR 320,000, or EUR 270,000 in the South of Malta or Gozo to be held for at least 5 years; or
- Leasing a property with a minimum annual rental of at least EUR 12,000, or EUR 10,000 in the South of Malta or Gozo for at least 5 years
- A non-refundable contribution of at least EUR 30,000 to the State Fund of Malta, plus EUR 5,000 for each parent / grandparent
Benefits of a Malta Permanent Residency Program
At the point when you take up citizenship by venture (IIP), you consequently get the option to set up your business in Malta. Close by you are likewise conceded the option to work or work together in any of the 27 European Union nations.
Other than that, you can likewise:
- Enjoy and benefit from Malta’s tax-efficient system on both personal and corporate; and
- Openly move your capital and income
- Invest in property in Malta and make the most of the stable and booming real estate market.
As a Maltese Resident, an individual can
- Through a separate process do business in Malta and other European Union member states;
- You might opt to avail from the tax status under the Global Residence Program.
With a Maltese passport in your pocket, you will not be required to apply for a separate Schengen visa and will also gain visiting rights to 183 countries with which Malta has visa-free travel agreements. But by taking up Maltese residency, you gain the right to enter the Schengen area without border checks.
Contingent upon what you are intending to accomplish for yourself and your family, our team of experts can offer you the best customized and comprehensive answer for all your needs.
For more information please visit https://valsen-corporate.com/about-malta/, or contact us.
Leave A Comment