Andorra Investment Firm License_Guidelines
Andorra Investment Firm Licence
The Law 7/2013, May 9th, provides the legal framework for the provision of the Investment Services in Andorra.
As per the Law, a natural or legal persons are considered financial investment firms, when their main activity is to provide one or more professional investment services to third parties with regards to financial instruments, and that in addition perform other ancillary services. The professional Investment services are;
- The reception and transmission of client orders in relation to one or more financial instruments.
- The execution on behalf of clients’ orders as mentioned above, which consists in the business of purchase or sale of one or more financial instruments.
- Proprietary account negotiation that consists in the formalization of operations on one or several financial instruments.
- The discretionary and individualized management of portfolios in accordance with the mandate given by clients.
- Investment advice that consists in providing personalized recommendations to clients, at their request or at the initiative of the investment financial entity, on one or more operations related to financial instruments.
- The assurance of the issue or the placement of financial instruments.
- The placement of financial instruments, with or without, a firm commitment basis.
- The service management of multilateral trading systems.
The following are considered ancillary services, among others:
- The administration and custody of financial instruments on behalf of clients, including custody and related services such as treasury and guarantee management.
- The granting of credits or loans to an investor in order to allow an operation in one or several financial instruments, when the financial investment entity that grants the credit or the loan participates in the operation.
- Advice to companies in the field of capital structure, industrial strategy and related issues, and advice and services in relation to mergers and acquisitions of companies.
- Currency exchange services when they are related to the provision of investment services.
- Investments reports and financial analysis, or other forms of general recommendation regarding operations in financial instruments
- Services related to assuring the issuance or placement of financial instruments.
There are 4 types of financial investment entities;
- Financial Investment Companies.
- Financial Investment Agencies.
- Asset Management Companies.
- Financial advisors.
The entity making the application is an Andorran Company under the Corporation Act 1983.
|Director’s Requirements||The licensee will need at least 2 (two) natural person Fit and Proper Directors of any jurisdiction.|
|Compliance Officer||The Licensee must establish and maintain an appropriate and effective compliance function within the firm which operates independently of all operational and business line functions and senior or supervisory management.|
|Financial Portfolio Managers||The Applicant’s Financial Portfolio Managers must be licensed or certified to perform said the activities by the AFA (Andorra Financial Authority)|
|Fund Sales Representatives||
The Applicant’s Fund sales representative must be
licensed or certified to perform said the activities by the AFA (Andorra Financial Authority)
|Local Office||The applicant must have premises acceptable to the AFA. The premises should be able to facilitate confidential interaction between the applicant and its clients, and provide for safe and confidential storage of documents.|
|Auditor||The Licensee, must establish an internal Audit committee or outsource depending with the Company requirements.|
|Insurance||The applicant must have indemnity insurance coverage or a fidelity bond acceptable to the AFA.|
|Minimum Capital Requirements||
The Applicant must have the prescribed minimum paid-up capital and is able to meet the prescribed minimum net liquid capital requirement in cash or readily marketable securities.
The prescribed minimum paid-up capital is € 300,000 (Approximately USD 330,000)
- Licences are to be renewed annually. On application for renewal of a licence, the AFA, if satisfied that the applicant is a licensee of good standing, may grant the renewal on payment by the applicant of the annual renewal licence fee.
- Filing of Reports: It is a requirement to file Company Reports with the Authority.
- The Licensee must maintain appropriate policies of insurance for the purpose of indemnifying such licensee against any liability that may be incurred as a result of any act or omission by the licensee or any of its officers or employees in the conduct of the licensee’s Investment Firm business.
About Valsen Fiduciaries
Valsen Fiduciaries is a licensed independent global service provider of a broad range of fiduciary, administrative, legal, corporate secretarial and support services.
- Company formations and Administration
- Assistance with Bank Account opening
- Collective Investment Setup and Administration
- Intellectual Property Registrations and Maintenance.
- Trusts and Foundations setup and administration
- Online Payment Gateway Solutions
- Banking Licenses and PSP, E-Money, E- Wallet Licenses
- Yacht and aircraft registrations.
- Cryptocurrency Solutions (ICO, STO, Crypto Exchanges etc)
The Valsen Advantage
- We will advise you on the optimal legal structure for your requirements, size, expectations and circumstances. We have extensive knowledge of a wide range of securities dealer licenses in all major jurisdictions.
- Valsen will assist to complete every form for each process in the best way we know how (Based on our many years’ experience with various regulators and service providers across the world)
- We are very hands on in the post filing period checking with re regulator and service providers and updating you regularly. Any queries raised by the regulators and service providers during processing will be quickly synthesized by us and we shall craft the right responses to move the process forward fast.
- We have a full in-house compliance support for all compliance requirements with the regulator and service providers
- Tel: +248 4321018
- WhatsApp: +248 2525217
- Skype: vf-international.com
- Email: [email protected]