Anguilla Trade Mark Registration
- A trademark is valid for 10 years and may be renewed for further periods of 10 years each.
- The Trademarks Act provides for local trademark applications with registration dating from receipt of application.
- The Registration of UK Trade Marks Act provides for applications to extend rights under a UK registration to Anguilla with effect from the date of registration in the UK, but an action in Anguilla for infringement of a UK-based registration can only complain of infringement occurring after the date of registration in Anguilla.
- Power of attorney, notarized.
- Design of the trademark in JPEG format in case of a graphical trademark (not required for word mark).
- The desalination of goods and/or services for witch the trademark will be registered or the classes in case they are known.
- Details of the trademark owner (name, address, registration number).
- Invoicing details (name, address, fiscal number, registration number).
- Information related to the previously filed by you trademarks, in order to benefit of the priority date, if it is the case. A UK – based application usually takes about four weeks to be processed. Paris Convention priority can be claimed