Barbados Company Investment Adviser License
The Financial Services Commission is responsible for supervising and regulating non-bank financial institutions in Barbados. Securities Companies are regulated by the Securities Act Cap. 318A.
As per the Act, an Investment Advisor means a person carrying on business of:
- Advises others concerning investment in securities;
- Issues analyses or reports concerning specific securities; or
- Manages a portfolio of securities for another person –
- Without holding property of the other person; and
- On terms that preclude him from doing so.
The entity making the application is a Barbados:
|Director’s Requirements||The licensee will need at least 2 (two) natural person Fit and Proper Directors of any jurisdiction.|
|Compliance Officer||The Licensee must establish and maintain an appropriate and effective compliance function within the firm which operates independently of all operational and business line functions and senior or supervisory management.|
|Local Office||The applicant must have premises acceptable to the Commission. The premises should be able to facilitate confidential interaction between the applicant and its clients, and provide for safe and confidential storage of documents.|
|Auditor||The Licensee, within one month after becoming licensed, shall appoint an external auditor who is acceptable to the Commission|
|Insurance||The applicant must have indemnity insurance coverage or a fidelity bond acceptable to the Commission.|
|Minimum Capital Requirements||The minimum capital requirement for an investment adviser shall be $100 000.|
- A securities record of a registrant shall show separately for each security, as at the trade date or settlement date,
- All long and short positions, including securities in safekeeping, carried for the registrant’s account or for the account of clients;
- The location of all securities sold long, and the position offsetting securities sold short; and
- In all cases, the name or designation of the account in which each position is carried.
2. A quarterly record shall be prepared within 30 days after the end of each quarter, showing
- the proof of money balances of all ledger accounts in the form of trial balances;
- a reasonable calculation of the minimum free capital required
About Valsen Fiduciaries
Valsen Fiduciaries is a licensed independent global service provider of a broad range of fiduciary, administrative, legal, corporate secretarial and support services.
- Company formations and Administration
- Assistance with Bank Account opening
- Collective Investment Setup and Administration
- Intellectual Property Registrations and Maintenance.
- Trusts and Foundations setup and administration
- Online Payment Gateway Solutions
- Banking Licenses and PSP, E-Money, E- Wallet Licenses
- Yacht and aircraft registrations.
- Cryptocurrency Solutions (ICO, STO, Crypto Exchanges etc)
The Valsen Advantage
- We will advise you on the optimal legal structure for your requirements, size, expectations and circumstances. We have extensive knowledge of a wide range of securities dealer licenses in all major jurisdictions.
- Valsen will assist to complete every form for each process in the best way we know how (Based on our many years’ experience with various regulators and service providers across the world)
- We are very hands on in the post filing period checking with re regulator and service providers and updating you regularly. Any queries raised by the regulators and service providers during processing will be quickly synthesized by us and we shall craft the right responses to move the process forward fast.
- We have a full in-house compliance support for all compliance requirements with the regulator and service providers
Our Contact Details
OR Contact us on:
- Tel: +248 4321018
- WhatsApp: +248 2525217
- Skype: vf-international.com
- Email: [email protected]