BVI Incubator Fund License_Guideline
BVI Incubator Fund License The statutory legislation governing most funds in the BVI is the Securities and Investment Business Regulations 2015 (“SIBA”) and the Mutual Fund Regulations, 2010. About BVI Incubator Fund License The incubator fund is designed for managers who are looking to start an investment strategy on a trial basis with sophisticated investors. If the strategy succeeds within the prescribed timescale, the Regulations provide a seamless route for the fund to be recognised or approved as a private professional or approved fund, depending on the manager’s future plans for growth of the fund. If the strategy does not succeed, the regime allows for an incubator fund to close down or convert to an ordinary company. The key differentiating criteria for incubator funds over other fund types include:
- Only suitable for “sophisticated private investors”. Such investors are defined in the Regulations as “a person who has been invited to invest in an incubator fund and the amount of his or her initial investment is not less than US$20,000.”
- The total number of investors is limited to 20.
- Net assets of the fund must not exceed US$20,000,000 or its equivalent in any other currency.
- No manager, administrator or custodian is required to be appointed.
- No audit required.
- Can only be approved for a two year period. It is possible to seek an extension from the Commission for an additional 12 month period. Prior to the end of this period it will be necessary to make an application to the Commission for the fund to be recognised as either a private fund or a professional fund or to be approved as an approved fund.
- Submit semi-annual returns to the FSC by 31st January and 31 July which summarizes pertinent information regarding the fund’s status, including the number of investors, total investments, aggregate subscriptions and redemptions, NAV and details of any significant investor complaints and how such complaints were dealt with. Each return will contain a confirmatory declaration which the directors will need to make confirming that the fund is not in breach of the New Fund Regulations.
- Notify the FSC within 14 days of any changes to the information provided in the application for approval or in relation to any matter which is likely to have a material impact on the fund.
- Company formations and Administration
- Assistance with Bank Account opening
- Collective Investment Setup and Administration
- Intellectual Property Registrations and Maintenance.
- Trusts and Foundations setup and administration
- Online Payment Gateway Solutions
- Banking Licenses and PSP, E-Money, E- Wallet Licenses
- Yacht and aircraft registrations.
- Cryptocurrency Solutions (ICO, STO, Crypto Exchanges etc)
- We will advise you on the optimal legal structure for your requirements, size, expectations and circumstances. We have extensive knowledge of a wide range of securities dealer licenses in all major jurisdictions.
- Valsen will assist to complete every form for each process in the best way we know how (Based on our many years’ experience with various regulators and service providers across the world)
- We are very hands on in the post filing period checking with re regulator and service providers and updating you regularly. Any queries raised by the regulators and service providers during processing will be quickly synthesized by us and we shall craft the right responses to move the process forward fast.
- We have a full in-house compliance support for all compliance requirements with the regulator and service providers
- Tel: +248 4321018
- WhatsApp: +248 2525217
- Skype: vf-international.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org