Curacao Ship Registration
The natural and tideless port of Curacao has a container terminal and can handle large RO/RO and LO/LO vessels. More than 20 shipping lines operate 1,300 sailings a year from Curacao.
The international airport at Curacao has the longest runway in the Caribbean and is well-served by a number of international airlines. Storage and handling facilities are modern and efficient. There are free trade zones at both the port and the airport.
Upon the dissolution of the Netherlands Antilles, the Directorate of Shipping and Maritime Affairs of the Netherlands Antilles changed its name to the Maritime Authority of Curacao.
The owner of a ship to be registered in Curacao should be a Dutch individual or corporation; but this can be achieved simply by registering a company in Curacao.
See Offshore Legal and Tax Regimes for details of the special tax treatment of offshore revenues of shipping companies.
Advantages of Curacao ship Registration
- No initial registration charges or taxes;
- A simple registration procedure;
- No nationality or employment requirements for crew;
- Non-resident crew members are not subject to any local taxation;
- Service-oriented shipping inspectorate and maritime administration.
The Valsen Advantage
- Speedy, Efficient and consistent Services.
- Dedicated ongoing compliance support.