Gibraltar EuVECAS and EuSEF Funds_Guidelines
Gibraltar EuVECAS and EuSEF Funds
European Venture Capital Funds (EuVeCa’s) are funds which place a percentage of the investments supporting young and innovative companies. European Social Entrepreneurship Funds (EuSEF) are funds that focus on investing in European social businesses.
The applicable legislation is the Financial Services (Alternative Investment Fund Managers) Regulations 2013 and Financial Services (Collective Investment Schemes) Act 2011.
The EuVeCa and EuSEF regimes is available to managers of undertakings for Collective Investment established in the European Economic Area falling below the Alternative Investment Fund Managers (AIFM) Directive threshold of €500 million applicable to managers managing unleveraged, closed-ended alternative investment funds (AIF). EuVeCa and EuSEF regimes are allowed to passport and raise capital across Europe in return for complying with the investment rules, registration and minimum regulatory capital.
EuVeCa – Every fund wanting to use this label will have to evidence that a high percentage of investments (a minimum of 70% of the capital received from investors) will be spent in supporting young and innovative companies.
EuSEF – Every fund wanting to use this label will have to prove that a high percentage of investments (a minimum of 70% of the capital received from investors) will be spent in supporting social businesses. The fund will need to evidence that the achievement of measurable positive social impact will be the primary objective of each of the undertakings the Fund invests sin.
The entity making the application is Gibraltar:
|Director’s Requirements||The licensee will need at least 2 (two) natural person Fit and Proper Directors of any jurisdiction.|
|Compliance Officer||The Licensee must establish and maintain an appropriate and effective compliance function within the firm which operates independently of all operational and business line functions and senior or supervisory management.|
The Applicant must employ a fund administrator with no local requirement
Administrator of an EuVECAS and EuSEF must be domiciled and regulated in Gibraltar or,
If not so authorised, be established in a jurisdiction where it is regulated in accordance with a legislative and regulatory regime that provides at least equivalent protection to the regime in Gibraltar.
The appointment of fund administrators established outside of Gibraltar requires the Commission’s consent and is also subject to the consent of the Minister with responsibility for financial services.
|Fund Manager||Any licensed fund manager as approved by the GFSC.|
The Licensee must have a Qualified local auditor or
Foreign auditor if fund is structured as a domestic company
|Insurance||The applicant must have indemnity insurance coverage or a fidelity bond acceptable to the regulator|
|Minimum Capital Requirements||100,000 Euros|
|Application Fee||£ 2,500|
|License Fee||£ 2,500|
- License are to be renewed annually. On application for renewal of a Licence, GFSC , if satisfied that the applicant is a licensee of good standing, may grant the renewal on payment by the applicant of the annual renewal licence fee
- Filing of Audited Accounts: The licensee shall for the financial year beginning on the day on which it commences to carry on securities business; and for each subsequent year submit to the Commission, within ninety days after the end of the financial year, audited financial statements prepared in accordance with international accounting standards, and which contain such additional information as may be prescribed.
- The Licensee must maintain appropriate policies of insurance for the purpose of indemnifying such licensee against any liability that may be incurred as a result of any act or omission by the licensee or any of its officers or employees in the conduct of the licensee’s securities business.
About Valsen Fiduciaries
Valsen Fiduciaries is a licensed independent global service provider of a broad range of fiduciary, administrative, legal, corporate secretarial and support services.
- Company formations and Administration
- Assistance with Bank Account opening
- Collective Investment Setup and Administration
- Intellectual Property Registrations and Maintenance.
- Trusts and Foundations setup and administration
- Online Payment Gateway Solutions
- Banking Licenses and PSP, E-Money, E- Wallet Licenses
- Yacht and aircraft registrations.
- Cryptocurrency Solutions (ICO, STO, Crypto Exchanges etc)
The Valsen Advantage
- We will advise you on the optimal legal structure for your requirements, size, expectations and circumstances. We have extensive knowledge of a wide range of securities dealer licenses in all major jurisdictions.
- Valsen will assist to complete every form for each process in the best way we know how (Based on our many years’ experience with various regulators and service providers across the world)
- We are very hands on in the post filing period checking with re regulator and service providers and updating you regularly. Any queries raised by the regulators and service providers during processing will be quickly synthesized by us and we shall craft the right responses to move the process forward fast.
- We have a full in-house compliance support for all compliance requirements with the regulator and service providers
Our Contact Details
Please visit us on: www.offshorelicense-regulatory.com , www.valsen-corporate.com
OR Contact us on:
- Tel: +248 4321018
- WhatsApp: +248 2525217
- Skype: vf-international.com
- Email: email@example.com