Hong Kong Company
Hong Kong Private Limited Company is one of the most advanced models of business entity, and enjoys the territorial tax regime; though a resident company it enjoys the advantages of an offshore company. The sound legal system and excellent communication networks have attracted the international traders towards exploring the opportunities through the incorporation the Hong Kong companies.
Why Hong Kong Company?
- Hong Kong as a gateway to do business in China
- Simple taxation regime –a flat rate of 16.5%
- Excellent reputation in banking and financial system
- Fast, cheap, and simple company set up
- Attractive foreign investor policy – no restriction on foreign ownership
- Distribution of dividends is not taxable, inheritance tax had abolished
- World-class infrastructure
- The English legal system – highly recognized by the rest of the world
Key Corporate Features
||Common Law + Basic Law|
||Available View Now|
- Same company name is prohibited according to Hong Kong Company Registry.
- Either an English name or Chinese name; or
- Both English and Chinese name.
Shareholder(s) and Director(s)
- No nationality restriction.
- Individual and/or Corporate shareholder is acceptable.
- Corporate director is acceptable but at least one natural person as director.
New Companies Ordinance effective on 3rd March 2014.
Every private company should have a natural person director.
Company Secretary and Registered Address
- To Comply with Hong Kong Companies Ordinance, appointment of Company Secretary and Registered Address is required.
- Minimum subscribed share capital is 1 share (equivalent to HKD1).
- No par-value for share(s).
- No capital duty required on or after 1st June 2012 for new incorporation, increase of nominal share capital and allotment of shares.
Step 1 – Pre-incorporation
Think of your desire company name. (Specialists of Intercorp will check for the availability) Name of company can be in English or Chinese or both. The following names require licensing to be used: Bank, Insurance, Assurance, Re-Insurance, Trust, Trustee, Savings, Royal, Asset management, Fund Management, Investment Fund, Building Society, Municipal, Chartered, Chamber of Commerce, Tourist Association, Kaifong, Mass Transit, Underground Railway. Names denoting any connection to local, state or national Governments are generally prohibited
Plan and structure your company, i.e. office address, directors, shareholders, and shares capital. (Specialists of Intercorp may provide you the planning and structural advice)
Step 2 – Incorporation
Contact Intercorp! Specialists of Intercorp will advise you about the required documents and information for company set up.
The incorporation certificate and Business Registration would be available in 5-7 business days
Company chops and seal will be available 2-3 days after issuance of incorporation certificate
Step 3 – Post-incorporation
Open Bank Account (see Bank Accounts)
Regulatory Compliance – e.g. file annual return, yearly financial report, renewal of Business Registration, Account and Audit (see Audit and Accounting)