Isle of Man Ship and Yacht Registration
The Isle of Man operates a modern flag registry with a strong emphasis on quality, high standards and efficient service, aimed at providing a quality service for today’s discerning owner.
The Isle of Man Register is a Category 1 British Red Ensign Register which can register vessels of unlimited type and size. It is the flag of choice for many large shipping corporations operating all vessel types to very exacting standards. It currently has over 16m gross registered tonnes on its register, of which over 50% of vessels are tankers. The Isle of Man has a reputation for the quality and service provided by the Ship Registry team at very reasonable costs for the operator. It provides a 24/7 service to its operators and out-of-hours registration to suit clients needs.
The Island is also a “Centre of Excellence” in the Irish Sea with locally based maritime expertise in:
- Ship Management
- Crew Management
- Yacht Management
- Ship Finance
- Marine Insurance
- Fiduciary Services
- Legal Services
Today the Isle of Man is also the flag of choice for the most prestigious of the world’s super yachts and boasts a number of companies operating specialist services in this sector.
The Isle of Man places great emphasis on quality and regulation. The Ship Registry is certified to the ISO 9001:2008 quality standard and works with owners and operators to uphold its position on the world’s Port State Control white lists. The Isle of Man is also recognized by the United States Coast Guard’s Qualship 21 Scheme as a quality flag.
Advantages of Isle of Man Ship and Yacht Registration
- Political and Financial stability
- Professional services– the Isle of Man offers the full range of professional maritime services to assist with the registration, ownership and management of vessels and crew
- Port State Control
- Out-of-hours registrationto suit shipyard times/closing meetings around the world
- Fees– simple annual fee providing cost effective registration, inspection and certification
- All vessel types– a team fully experienced in the full range of merchant ships, offshore vessels and commercial and pleasure yachts.
The Valsen Advantage
- Speedy, Efficient and consistent Services.
- Dedicated ongoing compliance support.