Jersey Unregulated Fund
An Unregulated Fund is a Jersey domiciled fund which is either to be offered to certain eligible investors only or is listed on an approved exchange or market and opts out of regulation as a fund in Jersey.
There are two types of Unregulated Funds:
- Unregulated Eligible Investor Funds
- Unregulated Exchange Traded Funds.
Existing Unregulated Eligible Investor Funds have the option of converting to a new product known as the Jersey Eligible Investor Fund, subject to the relevant application process and the eligibility criteria so that they may continue their marketing activities in the EEA under EEA private placement regimes.
Unregulated fund is supervised by the Jersey Financial Service Commission and regulated under the Collective Investment Funds (Jersey) Law 1988
The entity making the application is Belize:
|Director’s Requirements||The licensee will need at least 2 (two) natural person Fit and Proper Directors of any jurisdiction.|
|Compliance Officer||The Licensee must establish and maintain an appropriate and effective compliance function within the firm which operates independently of all operational and business line functions and senior or supervisory management.|
|Fund Administrator||The Applicant must employ a fund administrator with no local requirement|
|Fund Manager||The Applicant must employ a fund manager with no local requirement|
|Jersey Office||Not compulsory|
|Auditor||There is no obligation under the Jersey Unregulated Fund Guide to appoint an auditor or audit its financial statements|
|Insurance||The applicant must have indemnity insurance coverage or a fidelity bond acceptable to the regulator|
|Minimum Capital Requirements||None|
|Application Fee||USD 2,235|
|License Fee||USD 2,235|
- Licenses are to be renewed annually after the date of registration. On application for renewal of a Licence, Finance Service Commission , if satisfied that the applicant is a licensee of good standing, may grant the renewal on payment by the applicant of the annual renewal Licence fee
- Maintain such accounting records and financial statements available for examination by the Registrar or any person authorized under his hand at its principal place of business or registered office in Jersey;
- The Licensee must maintain appropriate policies of insurance for the purpose of indemnifying such licensee against any liability that may be incurred as a result of any act or omission by the licensee or any of its officers or employees in the conduct of the licensee’s securities business.
About Valsen Fiduciaries
Valsen Fiduciaries is a licensed independent global service provider of a broad range of fiduciary, administrative, legal, corporate secretarial and support services.
- Company formations and Administration
- Assistance with Bank Account opening
- Collective Investment Setup and Administration
- Intellectual Property Registrations and Maintenance.
- Trusts and Foundations setup and administration
- Online Payment Gateway Solutions
- Banking Licenses and PSP, E-Money, E- Wallet Licenses
- Yacht and aircraft registrations.
- Cryptocurrency Solutions (ICO, STO, Crypto Exchanges etc)
The Valsen Advantage
- We will advise you on the optimal legal structure for your requirements, size, expectations and circumstances. We have extensive knowledge of a wide range of securities dealer licenses in all major jurisdictions.
- Valsen will assist to complete every form for each process in the best way we know how (Based on our many years’ experience with various regulators and service providers across the world)
- We are very hands on in the post filing period checking with re regulator and service providers and updating you regularly. Any queries raised by the regulators and service providers during processing will be quickly synthesized by us and we shall craft the right responses to move the process forward fast.
- We have a full in-house compliance support for all compliance requirements with the regulator and service providers
Our Contact Details
OR Contact us on:
- Tel: +248 4321018
- WhatsApp: +248 2525217
- Skype: vf-international.com
- Email: [email protected]