Kenya Ship Registration
All vessels must be registered with all the necessary details. No vessel will allowed to sail in Kenya waters without proper registration.
The letter should state the following:
Kenya Ship Registration Key Features
Membership application letter addressed to: The Executive Committee and submitted to KSAA Secretariat.
- The company should be a Limited Liability Company or Partnership or wholly owned.
- A fully styled company address (To include Physical & Postal address, phone numbers and email address).
- The CV detailing names, professional qualifications, experience, positions and email contacts of the Senior Managing staff of the Company including: Managing Director/General Manager, Operations Manager and Financial Manager, Commercial Manager.
- The Name/s of the Principals / Operators, Trade Routes and any other details pertinent to the trade.
- The Name of your Bankers
Enclose the following documents with your letter:-
- Certified copies of Applicant PIN Certificate, Certificate of incorporation and Memorandum & Articles of Association.
- Valid trade license (Municipal Trade License).
- Professional certificates of the Senior Staffs (Managing Director / General Manager, Operations Manager, Financial Manager & Commercial Manager (Attach copies of pass ports or Government ID Cards).
- Commercial Manager and Operations Manager Must have worked for at least two years in responsible capacity with a shipping agent.
- Appointment letter from Owner/Operators and the intended routes and services frequency.
- A letter of confirmation from your Bankers.
- Recommendation letter from at least two KSAA Members.
Once the application is approved by the Executive Committee during the Executive Committee Meeting, a letter of confirmation and invoice will be sent to the applicant.
The entrance and annual subscription payment should be submitted within 30 days of the confirmation of the Membership and should be paid in Kenyan Shillings.