Kenya Ship Registration
All vessels must be registered with all the necessary details. No vessel will allowed to sail in Kenya waters without proper registration.
Kenya Ship Registration Key Features
- Membership application letter addressed to: The Executive Committee and submitted to KSAA Secretariat.
- The letter should state the following:
- The company should be a Limited Liability Company or Partnership or wholly owned.
- A fully styled company address (To include Physical & Postal address, phone numbers and email address).
- The CV detailing names, professional qualifications, experience, positions and email contacts of the Senior Managing staff of the Company including: Managing Director/General Manager, Operations Manager and Financial Manager, Commercial Manager.
- The Name/s of the Principals / Operators, Trade Routes and any other details pertinent to the trade.
- The Name of your Bankers
- Enclose the following documents with your letter:-
- Certified copies of Applicant PIN Certificate, Certificate of incorporation and Memorandum & Articles of Association.
- Valid trade license (Municipal Trade License).
- Professional certificates of the Senior Staffs (Managing Director / General Manager, Operations Manager, Financial Manager & Commercial Manager (Attach copies of pass ports or Government ID Cards).
- Commercial Manager and Operations Manager Must have worked for at least two years in responsible capacity with a shipping agent.
- Appointment letter from Owner/Operators and the intended routes and services frequency.
- A letter of confirmation from your Bankers.
- Recommendation letter from at least two KSAA Members.
- Once the application is approved by the Executive Committee during the Executive Committee Meeting, a letter of confirmation and invoice will be sent to the applicant.
- The entrance and annual subscription payment should be submitted within 30 days of the confirmation of the Membership and should be paid in Kenyan Shillings.