Luxembourg Gambling License_Guideline
Luxembourg Gambling License
The Law dated 20 April 1977 on the operation of a business of “games of chance” (Gambling Law) is the main law regulating gambling in Luxembourg.
The Ministry of Justice is responsible for issuing authorisations to private operators seeking to offer sports betting products, casino games and lotteries (Law dated 20 April 1977 on the operation of a business of “games of chance” (Gambling Law)).
There is no definition of gambling in the Law dated 20 April 1977 on the operation of a business of “games of chance” (Gambling Law) or any other laws or regulations.
However, Luxembourg case law defines “gambling” or “game of chance” as a game which, either by itself or due to the conditions in which it is performed, is characterized by chance prevailing over the physical or intellectual skills of the players (Lux. 13 November 1958, P. 17, 390). These conditions are fulfilled when the gain is the result of chance, and chance is the main factor in the outcome of the game. The chance component should be analyzed at the level of the average player. Therefore, a game will still qualify as a game of chance if skills can ensure gains to persons who are especially trained. In other words, the special skills or ability acquired by a few should not be taken into account.
Lottery, sports betting, casino games, slot machines and poker fall within the definition of gambling under certain conditions set out in Luxembourg laws, in particular the Gambling Law.
The following are the gambling products:
- Betting (other than sports betting)
- Sports betting
- Casino games
- Slot and other machine gaming
The entity making the application is Luxembourg:
|The licensee will need at least 2 (two) natural person Fit and Proper Directors of any jurisdiction.
|The applicant will need at least one shareholder.
|Minimum Capital Requirements
|The law does not state the minimum capital requirement for the license.
About Valsen Fiduciaries
Valsen Fiduciaries is a licensed independent global service provider of a broad range of fiduciary, administrative, legal, corporate secretarial and support services.
- Company formations and Administration
- Assistance with Bank Account opening
- Collective Investment Setup and Administration
- Intellectual Property Registrations and Maintenance.
- Trusts and Foundations setup and administration
- Online Payment Gateway Solutions
- Banking Licenses and PSP, E-Money, E- Wallet Licenses
- Yacht and aircraft registrations.
- Cryptocurrency Solutions (ICO, STO, Crypto Exchanges etc)
The Valsen Advantage
- We will advise you on the optimal legal structure for your requirements, size, expectations and circumstances. We have extensive knowledge of a wide range of securities dealer licenses in all major jurisdictions.
- Valsen will assist to complete every form for each process in the best way we know how (Based on our many years’ experience with various regulators and service providers across the world)
- We are very hands on in the post filing period checking with re regulator and service providers and updating you regularly. Any queries raised by the regulators and service providers during processing will be quickly synthesized by us and we shall craft the right responses to move the process forward fast.
- We have a full in-house compliance support for all compliance requirements with the regulator and service providers
- Tel: +248 4321018
- WhatsApp: +248 2525217
- Skype: vf-international.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org