Monaco Ship Registration
Monaco Ship Registration Key Features
- Monegasque nationals and residents can apply to register a boat under the Monegasque flag.
- Yachts people who wish to appoint a captain and/or a crew must notify the Department of Maritime Affairs.
- All vessels under the Monegasque flag must show their name and the word “Monaco” on the stern, to the exclusion of any other wording.
- An annual naturalization fee is payable for all boats under the Monegasque flag.
- Payment must be made within a month from the date of the bill sent by the Department of Maritime Affairs in order to obtain the annual stamp.
- This stamp is essential, as without it, the naturalization is not fully valid.
- For vessels under 24 meters – an E.C. certificate (a written declaration of conformity)
- For vessels over 24 meters – a classification certificate issued by a classification company
- A certificate for the motor (declaration of the power of the motors)
- For vessels over 7.5 meters purchased in the E.U. – proof that the boat complies with all tax obligations (available from Monaco’s Department of Tax Services)
- For vessels of over 5 meters only – proof that the radio complies with all obligations (available from the Department of Electronic Communications )
- The customs import document for boats purchased outside the E.U. (EU4 or IM4)
- A request to register the vessel under the Monegasque flag