Singapore Money-Changing License
Singapore Money-Changing License
Money-changing licensees are licensed and regulated under the Payment Services Act (“PS Act”) to conduct only money-changing services i.e. the service of buying or selling foreign currency notes.
|Entity Requirements||The entity making the application is a Singapore:
|Director’s Requirements||At least one Executive Director of the applicant is a Singapore citizen or permanent resident.|
|Shareholder requirements||Every Money-Changing License will need at least one shareholder.|
|Compliance Officer||The Licensee must establish and maintain an appropriate and effective compliance function within the firm which operates independently of all operational and business line functions and senior or supervisory management.|
|Local Office||The applicant must have premises in the island acceptable to the commission prior to operating the business. The premises should be able to facilitate confidential interaction between the applicant and its clients, and provide for safe and confidential storage of documents.|
- A licensee is required to comply, on an ongoing basis, with all applicable requirements set out under the PS Act, as well as other relevant legislation. Licensees are expected to put in place systems, policies and procedures to ensure that they fulfil all ongoing obligations, including applications and notifications to MAS where necessary. Some of these requirements are summarised below.
- Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (“AML/CFT”) Requirements – A licensee must comply with the AML/CFT requirements as set out in the Notices on Prevention of Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism and Notice on Reporting of Suspicious Activities & Incidents of Fraud . A licensee should also refer to the Guidelines to Notices PSN01 and/or PSN02 for guidance on the AML/CFT requirements.
- Periodic Returns – A licensee must submit periodic regulatory returns in relation to its payment service activities, in accordance with the PSR. The requirements are set out in the Notice on Submission of Regulatory Returns .
- Cyber Hygiene – A licensee must comply with the cyber hygiene requirements as set out in the Notice on Cyber Hygiene and put in place appropriate safeguards to protect customer information.
- Business Conduct – A licensee must comply with business conduct requirements in the PS Act, the PSR and the Notice on Conduct . These obligations include safeguarding of customers’ monies, record of transactions, issuance of receipts, adhering to the prescribed time period for transmission of money, display of exchange rate and fees, and notification of normal business hours. Licensees must also ensure that they comply with all prohibitions and restrictions, including personal payment account stock and flow restrictions, as well as prohibited business activities.
- Disclosures and Communications – A licensee must make accurate representation on the scope of its licence and provide the disclosures set out in the Notice on Disclosures and Communications where applicable to its business. A licensee should also ensure that customers receive timely updates regarding any material changes to the disclosures.
- Annual Audit Requirements – A licensee must, on an annual basis, appoint an auditor to carry out an audit of its accounts and transactions, and compliance with regulations and requirements. The licensee must ensure that the auditor submits a report to MAS in Form 4.
- Licensees should also understand and apply the relevant MAS Guidelines such as the Guidelines on Technology Risk Management and E-payments User Protection Guidelines, and keep abreast of regulatory changes.
- Company formations and Administration
- Assistance with Bank Account opening
- Collective Investment Setup and Administration
- Intellectual Property Registrations and Maintenance.
- Trusts and Foundations setup and administration
- Online Payment Gateway Solutions
- Banking Licenses and PSP, E-Money, E- Wallet Licenses
- Yacht and aircraft registrations.
- Cryptocurrency Solutions (ICO, STO, Crypto Exchanges etc)
- We will advise you on the optimal legal structure for your requirements, size, expectations and circumstances. We have extensive knowledge of a wide range of securities dealer licenses in all major jurisdictions.
- Valsen will assist to complete every form for each process in the best way we know how (Based on our many years’ experience with various regulators and service providers across the world)
- We are very hands on in the post filing period checking with re regulator and service providers and updating you regularly. Any queries raised by the regulators and service providers during processing will be quickly synthesized by us and we shall craft the right responses to move the process forward fast.
- We have a full in-house compliance support for all compliance requirements with the regulator and service providers
- Tel: +248 4321018
- WhatsApp: +248 2525217
- Skype: vf-international.com
- Email: [email protected]