Switzerland Trademark Registration
Trademark registration in Switzerland Key Features
- A trademark application has to be filed before the Patent Office by a local agent.
- A non-legalized power of attorney is sufficient.
- Foreign applicants do not need a domestic registration.
- A trademark registration in Switzerland is valid for 10 years and starts with registration date. The registration is renewable for periods of 10 years.
- If the trademark has not been used within 5 years from registration or has not been used later for a continuous period of 5 years, it may be subject to cancellation.
- Documents to be filed in the application for registration of a trade mark:
- A request for the registration of a trade mark (Trade Mark Registration Application Form);
- An authorization document or reference to an authorization document submitted earlier if the applicant has a representative;
- Documents certifying priority if priority is claimed;
- Information concerning payment of the state fee;
- Regulations of the collective mark or guarantee mark if the application is filed for the registration of a collective mark or guarantee mark.
- The process of registration of trade marks undergoes the following stages:
- Preliminary Search;
- Application for Registration;