Estonia Trademark Registration
Trademark registration Estonia – Estonia is a member of the Madrid Protocol since November 18th, 1998. Since May 1st, 2004, Estonia has been a member of the European Union. Legal basis is the Trademark Act of October 1st, 1992, last redaction entered into force January 1, 2012. Trademark protection is obtained by registration. Trademark registration in Estonia Key Features
- A trademark application has to be filed before the Patent Office by a local agent.
- A non-legalized power of attorney is sufficient.
- Foreign applicants do not need a domestic registration.
- A trademark registration in Estonia is valid for 10 years and starts with registration date. The registration is renewable for periods of 10 years.
- If the trademark has not been used within 5 years from registration or has not been used later for a continuous period of 5 years, it may be subject to cancellation.
- Documents to be filed in the application for registration of a trade mark:
- A request for the registration of a trade mark (Trade Mark Registration Application Form);
- An authorization document or reference to an authorization document submitted earlier if the applicant has a representative;
- Documents certifying priority if priority is claimed;
- Information concerning payment of the state fee;
- Regulations of the collective mark or guarantee mark if the application is filed for the registration of a collective mark or guarantee mark.
- End to end comprehensive service
- Speedy and efficient service
- Expert advice on structuring options
- Dedicated ongoing compliance support
- Extensive network pool of service providers