Cyprus CIF License
A CIF is authorised and monitored by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC).
Cyprus Investment Firm (CIF) is one of the most useful tools in the European Union (and Internationally) if you intend to provide and perform investment services and activities either within Cyprus or abroad on a professional basis on certain financial instruments.
The investment services include the following:
- Reception and transmission of orders in relation to one or more financial instruments
- Execution of orders on behalf of clients
- Dealing on own account
- Portfolio management
- Investment advice
- Underwriting of financial instruments and/or placing of financial instruments on a firm commitment basis
- Placing of financial instruments without a firm commitment basis
- Operation of Multilateral Trading Facility
Cyprus company, Limited partnership
Share capital or equivalent
€40,000 to €1,000,000 depending on activity
Service Providers Required
- No capital gains on disposal of securities
- Corporation tax on net profit is 12,5%. However, gains from the sale of titles, and, in most cases, dividends received are exempt from tax.
- There is no withholding tax on dividend, interest and royalties paid to non-residents.
Duration to Set Up
About 4 months
Distinctive Benefits of Licence
- Competitive, modern and transparent legal and regulatory framework
- Benefits from the strong European Union Legislation
- Numerous recognised service providers established in Cyprus, ranging from global names to local independent operators servicing all types of funds at very competitive rates
- Advanced and attractive tax environment
The Valsen Advantage
- End to end comprehensive service
- Speedy and efficient service
- Expert advice on structuring options
- Dedicated ongoing compliance support
- Extensive network pool of service providers