Cyprus Immigration Services – Permanent Residency
Application Requirements for a Cyprus Immigration Permit
- The applicant must prove that he has at his disposal a secured annual income of at least €30.000 from sources other than employment in Cyprus, such as from:
- Wages for work outside Cyprus,
- Stock shares,
- Fixed deposits,
- Rents etc.
This annual income is increased by €5.000 for each dependent person. A dependent person is either the wife of the applicant or the children under 18. Adult Children should submit their application independently and must meet all the criteria without exception.
Categories of Cyprus Permanent Resident Permit
- Category A: Individual with a capital of €.430.000.- who intends to work as self-employed in agriculture, cattle breeding, bird breeding or fish culture in Cyprus, provided that he has in his possession adequate land or a permit to acquire same and such an employment should not negatively affect the general economy of Cyprus.
- Category B: Individual with a capital of €.350.000.- who intends to work as self-employed in mining enterprises in Cyprus, provided that a permit for mining is secured and such an employment should not negatively affect the general economy of Cyprus.
- Category C: Individual with a capital of €.260.000.- who intends to work as self-employed in a trade or profession in Cyprus, provided that a relative permit is secured and such an employment should not affect negatively the general economy of Cyprus.
- Category D: Individual who intends to work as self-employed in a profession or science in Cyprus, with academic or professional qualifications, for which there is demand in Cyprus. Possession of adequate funds is also necessary.
- Category E: Individual who has been offered permanent employment in the Cyprus, which will not create undue local competition.
- Category F: Individuals who possess and have fully and freely at their disposal a secured annual income, high enough to give them a decent living in Cyprus, without having to engage in any business, trade or profession. The annual income required should be at least €9568,17 for a single applicant and moreover at least €4613,22 for every dependent person, but the Immigration Control Board may demand additional amounts as necessary.
Conditions for Cancellation of a Cyprus Immigration Permit
- The interested person fails to acquire residence in Cyprus within one year from the approval of the application, in case he/she is residing outside Cyprus.
- It will also be cancelled if he/she acquires permanent residence abroad or be absent from Cyprus for a period of two years.